Student Minister and/or Worship Leader at Sandtown UMC, Philadelphia, Mississippi
Sandtown United Methodist Church in Philadelphia, Mississippi, is seeking to fill the positions of student minister and worship leader. Ideally, we would prefer one person assume both positions and serve full-time. However, we will consider full-time and part-time resumes for student minister; only part-time resumes for worship leader.
The person who fills both or either of these positions must have:
- A genuine, growing relationship with Christ
- A high Christian character
- A passion for ministry and outreach
- Creative skills in teaching and preaching and/or leading worship.
The student minister will:
- Plan and implement a balanced student ministry that includes opportunities for Bible study, worship, fellowship, and ministry/mission.
- Create a Student Ministry Leadership Team comprised of parents of students and student leaders, who will assist the student minister in planning and implementing the student ministry strategy.
- Recruit and equip volunteers who will assist in student ministry.
- Promote the participation of students in the life of the church.
- Build caring relationships with students and their families.
- Consult with the lead pastor to provide oversight to the student Sunday School, including the choice of curriculum materials and teachers.
- Consult with lead pastor to provide oversight to overall Children’s ministry.
- Teach or oversee K – Grade 5 Sunday School gathering.
- Develop the student ministry budget proposal for submission to Finance Committee.
The worship leader will:
- Work with pastor to plan the weekly and special worship services of the entire church, including the selection of congregational songs, special music and other worship elements, such as dance or drama.
- Pursue excellence in all elements of worship.
- Maintain a blend of contemporary and traditional styles in worship.
- Lead congregational singing in all worship services of the entire church.
- Prepare the praise team in rehearsals, as well as recruit vocalists and instruments.
- Promote the development of musical gifts within the congregation that may be utilized in worship.
- Oversee media preparation/presentations, sound and lighting enhancements for worship services.
- Serve as resource person for youth worship services
- Work with pastor to develop the worship ministry budget.
- Competitive compensation for full-time or part-time service.
- A parsonage will be provided for full-time service.